The First Post.

I assume that people normally post something significant as their first post. But truly, I have no idea what to share here.

Lets just say that ten years ago, I had a blog under the same URL. Back then, everything was different. I was in high school, not really liking my school and the environment, but I was blessed (and obsessed) with a group of friends from my debate team. We were as close as can be (less than 10 of us), that's what I believed.

Things changed. We grew apart. I graduated from high school, entered college and enrolled in an overseas university. Life was good. Too good. And after 3 years abroad, I came back home. I haven't secured a job but me being a snob, I thought, "who wouldn't want an overseas grad?". So I procrastinate. I did not apply any jobs. My mum helped me and I secured a job in the biggest bank in the country, yet I left after a month. 2 months of unemployment and I am back working, as a contract staff in one of the biggest audit firms. But I couldn't keep up and was not converted to a permanent staff. And here I am, 4 months later, still searching for jobs.

It has been a while since I really did some self-reflection. Well, I do it everyday, but only briefly. Not to the extent of really thinking of what I've been doing (or missing out) in my life. I guess the reason I feel like blogging again is to help me think straight, keep my head in the game, find some peace and keep my life going. I might not make any sense to you, I probably am not since I don't re-read what I wrote here and my mind is somewhere else, but at least I would like to think of this as baby steps to get my life (shit) together.

You might not like me. Heck I don't like myself either. I am a realistic pessimist, who thinks she's good enough, but actually she's not. But again, that is why I'm here. To correct myself. To make self-reflect a habit again. To make sure I am the best version of myself whenever I am able to.
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A 'formal' engagement (10/06/2019)